Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday has lost its old feeling



photo by Ross Fielding

I used to wake up on Saturdays and be relieved that I would have nothing to do for the entirety of the day. Those were the days. My appreciation of Saturdays was molded by my work schedule. I worked during the week and relaxed on the weekend. That was how I did things. Although lately my work has been overlapping my schoolwork and social life; my whole week has been blended into a balanced equilibrium of the day to day grind. My once segmented rituals have been slapped together like some postmodern villa. In many ways my life has become the metro area. It used to be organized and separated, but now my work life just set up shop across the street from my school life and my social life is around the corner in between a seven-eleven and a realty office. My days feel less and less unique and more and more monotonous. I am afraid that the long term effects of this process may one day sap the meaning out of me. I’m not sure.

No comments: